I missed getting this posted by the 4th, but I still wanted to show of the cute little trinket I whipped up to wear out for the 4th of July festivities. Using some beads from my stash, and a fun thrift store find I was able to show my “colors” while snacking & watching fireworks with my hubby. We’ve decided next year we might even throw a bash of our own 🙂
What about you guys? What did you do over the holiday weekend?
We had a busy but relaxing Saturday and then today I’ve been busy, busy working on…well work! Which means I still have a few finishing touches to a couple tutorials but thought I’d give you a little sneak peek of what’s coming down the pipe for later this week and in the weeks to come.
- I’m excited to be hosting my first give-away of sorts! A few weeks back I was selected to participate in “Craft it Forward” over at the Nifty Newlywed. So I’m excited to continue the craft-it-forward movement with 5 other fun crafters! Look for more information mid-week and start thinking about what you could make & share with 5 people if you are chosen!
- Cupcake Toppers! There are quite a few templates out there for cupcake toppers, but I’ll share my easy way to make last minute toppers with dollar store supplies & a craft tool or two (or even things you have at home).
- Baby Shower Gifts: With 4 baby showers in 2 months, I’ve been hard at work on a few handmade gifts. The first shower was last week so that means I can finally start revealing a few of the goodies.
- Craft Room/Office ReLocation/ReModel 2010: We are in the packing portion of the process of switching out our guest bedroom and my office/craft room so that I get the bigger room with more light! I’m super excited and the guest bedroom isn’t getting the bad end of this deal since the new guest bedroom is getting a makeover as well. Out with the ugly dark blue industrial carpet and in with some plush and relaxing (and easier to clean). So I’ll be asking for lots of suggestions along the way…for example how can I best organize all my crafting supplies and still maintain a clean look?
- And finally…wedding projects! I’m determined to write up tutorials on several of our DIY wedding projects …and also determined to do that before our 1st Anniversary! So be on the lookout for quarter-page bi-fold programs, activity book programs & crayons for the kiddos, rehearsal dinner menus, jam escort cards, and photo thank you cards. That’s quite a few tutorials to write up…
What about you…what did you do this weekend? And do you have a growing “to-do” list you want to finish before summer?