So, I really should have posted this before Halloween but these little guys are adorable for Monster birthday parties as well. They are another one of those quick & easy crafts that pack so much cute for such a small investment. How awesome would they look if you covered the top of the cupcake with the squiggly grass-like icing or solid “monster-colored” sprinkles?
- Googly Eyes (mine came from Dollar Tree)
- Glue (or adhesive backed paper)
- Optional: White cardstock or construction paper
- Optional: Round Punch in same size as eyes
Instructions for Monster Eye Cupcake Toppers:
- Glue toothpick to the back of each eye. I would recommend regular craft glue, or low temp hot glue. Using a higher temperature hot glue tends to cause the thin plastic backing of the eye to bubble.
- Optional Steps: I wasn’t really happy seeing the glued toothpick on the back of the eye. To fix this I simply pulled out my 3/4 inch circle punch which is the same size as the googly eyes and punched circles out of some left over white label paper (you know the parts that are left on the side margins after you use the actual labels?). Then I stuck those to the backs covering the glue/toothpick which also did a nice job of holding the toothpicks in place instead of glue. You could also use white cardstock and just glue them in place as well.
- Let dry completely & enjoy!
The best thing about these is they could be used to create so many different type of critter cupcakes! What creatures will you be creating with your googly eye cupcake toppers?