There is something about the cooler temperatures of fall that make me think of sunflowers and jewel tone colors. Maybe it’s all the colors that nature surrounds us with this time of year. So when I found these fun little yellow sunflower doilies at my local Dollar Tree, I dropped them in my cart not really knowing what I would do with them. A few weeks later I needed to take muffins & mini muffins to a gathering and decided it was the perfect time to give those little doilies a new home.
This is the part where I admit this all happened last fall…but as I was running through the Dollar Tree in search of clear treat bags last week I once again saw these packages of cute little sunflower doilies and made a note to finally put this post together. These are the types of craft projects I really enjoy….quick, easy, and quite a bit of fun for the buck.
It’s easy to make your own sunflower muffin or cupcake wraps:
- Package of Sunflower (or any rounded shape doilies)
- Clear Tape
To Make Mini Size Muffin Wraps:
- Fold your doily in half
- Measure down from the outside 1.25 inches in several places and make a slight mark.
- Cut along the marked lines with your scissors. On the sunflower doilies it was easy since the 1.25 inch mark ended up being in line with one of the rows of cutouts, so I could just cut along that row of details without needing to measure all the way across.
- Cut the doilies along the folded lines on both ends.
To Make Standard or Jumbo Size Cupcake Wraps:
- Lay your doilies out flat.
- Measure down from the outside 1.75 inches for standard or 2.5 inches for jumbo from the outer edge and make a slight mark. Do this around the entire circle.
- Using your scissors make a straight cut from the outside to the marked location for one of your marks.
- Cut along the marked lines with your scissors. On the sunflower doilies it was easy since the 1.75 inch mark ended up being in line with one of the rows of cutouts, so I could just cut along that row of details without needing to measure all the way across.
- Wrap around the base of your cupcake/muffin and cut to size using a small piece of clear tape to adhere them together in the back.
- Serve & Enjoy!
With these smaller sunflower size doilies I was able to make 2 mini wraps per doily or 1 standard or jumbo wrap. Which means for $1.07 I could make 64 mini wraps or 32 standard or jumbo wraps. I call that a fabulous fall deal 🙂
What does fall make you think of? Do you look for quick ways dress up your fall treats? If so, please share….I’d love to hear how you quickly add a little fall to your goodies!