It’s been way too long since I posted a fun crafty treat and I’ve really missed it (and you guys)! Today’s Semi-DIY project is a quick and cheap way to dress up a simple box of candy. It would be great for adults and the kiddos alike. See…cute right?
- Boxes of Conversation Hearts Candy – I picked mine up at the local Dollar Tree
- Double Sided Tape
- Scrapbook paper
- Stickers or other decorative items
- Cut your scrapbook paper to the height and circumference of your candy boxes. For the boxes I used the dimensions of the paper should be 3.5 inches wide by 7.5 inches long.
- Add a piece of double-sided tape to one end of the paper, and attach it to the back of your box.
- Next, you will wrap the paper around the box and attach to the box with an additional piece of double-sided tape. Do this underneath the overlaid section of the paper.
- Decorate with stickers and other assorted goodies.
- Give to someone special!
One of the great things about this project is that in additon to be simple, it’s also quite thrifty. If you have a stash of scrapbook paper & stickers like I do then it’s virtually free since you just need to buy the candy. My boxes of candy were purchased from the Dollar Tree in a package of 4 for $1 and you could also pick up fun Valentines stickers there as well.
$1.07 for 4, so 26 cents each! Can’t beat that!
I love how you featured the framed robot on top of the robot paper and this is so cute this is my favorite paper robot..thank you!!:)especially love the robot! Plus, Sweethearts candy is one of my favorites.
I agree this post i love how you featured the framed robot on top of the robot paper and this is so cute ,this is my favorite paper robot..thank you!!:)
How adorable! Thanks for sharing this cute idea! 🙂
Easy and sweet! I love how you featured the framed robot on top of the robot paper!
So adorable! I am in love with the robot scrapbook paper.
Those are SO cute! I especially love the robot! Plus, Sweethearts candy is one of my favorites. 🙂