DIY: Batty Cupcake & Food Flags
Well hello there! I’ve missed you guys while I’ve been toiling away on a huge work project that I wish I was able to share. It ended up being almost 100% DIY and has really tested my abilities to be both crafty, economical, and yet still extremely professional. Now I’m creatively tired. Does that make sense?
- Black Paper or Cardstock
- Glue or Glue Stick
- Bat Punch (or die cuts from your favorite machine)
- Punch out your bats. I used a punch I picked up at JoAnn’s with a 50% off coupon. You could also cut them using your favorite die cut machine. You will need two bats for each flag you want to make. (Hint: with this punch I could get roughly 20 individual bats from one 8.5×11 piece of cardstock).
- Using your glue cover the back of one bat. I use a glue stick when I want to whip these up really quickly, but choose to use paper glue for the ones I sell in my store).
- Place your toothpick on the glued bat.
- Carefully layer the second bat onto the first, taking care to line up the edges all the way around. Make sure you press to seal the pieces together around the toothpick.
- Repeat & Add to Cupcakes or Other Spooky Snacks
Want to jazz up your Halloween party a bit more? Repeat this process using straws to use when you serve up your “witches brew”.
Total Cost: $1 and up
See quick, easy…and cute! How will you decorate for your Halloween festivities this year? And, after you finish a big DIY project do you too find yourself creatively fried?
(Like these but have no time to make your own? Check out my shop for limited quantities available for sale!)