- November 8th, 2010
Today I would like to dedicate some craftiness to one of my all-time favorite fall activities…football! While I tend to gravitate towards college football, this craft could just as easily apply for the pros. Regardless of what your favorite tailgate beverage might be, I can assure you it will look much more festive when sipped casually through one of these cuties. 😉
- Cardstock in your favorite team’s colors
- Straws, also in your favorite team’s colors
- Glue or Glue Stick
- Helmet Punch (or die cuts from your favorite machine, you will need two helmets for each straw)
- Punch out your helmets. For this version of this process I used my Silhouette to quickly cut out my helmets using some cardstock I had left over from another project. You will need two helmets for each straw you want to make.
- Using your glue cover the back of one helmet. I use a glue stick when I want to whip these up really quickly, but choose to use paper glue for the ones I sell in my store).
- Carefully layer the second helmet onto the first, taking care to line up the edges all the way around. Make sure you press to seal the pieces together around the straw.
- Repeat for the remainder of your straws
Wouldn’t these look fun for a sport themed birthday party as well?
Total Cost: $1 and up
See quick, easy…and cute! Will you decorate for your tailgate area this year? Can you guess who my team of choice is based on these colors?