DIY – Save the Dates – The Reveal
After a few hours fighting with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop to get the look I wanted, I started dropping graphics and text into a post card template I had created in InDesign. I create two documents; one for the front of the cards and another set to landscape for the backs. I then created a 3rd document with the accommodations instructions that the wedding party would receive in addition to the Save the Date cards.
By this time I was running out of time, and patience so I saved both files as PDF files. We ran these down to the local big Office Supply store and had them printed on heavy ivory cardstock which gave them a bit “older” look. While these were being completed for us, I ran home and printed out the accommodations cards on some gray cardstock, cut the page into 4 cards and rounded the corners to make them look a bit more finished. We used corresponding gray Paper-Source envelopes which I lined with Amy Butler print scrapbook paper. Printing and cutting were our biggest expense but the whole project for 100 cards cost around $65 (including postage). They were pretty far from where we started, but we were both happy with how they turned out.
I didn’t create detailed instructions because I wasn’t sure anyone would be interested. I will be glad to email you the InDesign template, or answer any other questions about creating DIY postcards if you send me a message.